More incidents of Salmonella have occurred recently and more brands of dog and cat food have been recalled. The list has expanded to let people know Which Pet Food Are Bad For Poodles, Cats And People.
Fourteen people have gotten sick from contact with the contaminated dog and cat food, which can happen when a person does not wash his or her hands thoroughly after handling the pet food that has been tainted with salmonella. Please make sure you wash your hands well after feeding your pet. Five people were hospitalized and needed treatment for the infection. Here’s an extended list of the foods Which Pet Food Are Bad For Poodles, Cats And People.
Diamond recalled three brands of its dog food since early April after bags sampled tested positive for Salmonella.
On April 6, Diamond recalled certain lots of Diamond Naturals Lamb & Rice dry dog food.
On April 26, the company recalled certain lots of Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul Adult Light Formula dry dog food.
On April 30, certain lots of Diamond Puppy Formula were recalled.
Yesterday, Diamond expanded its voluntary recall to include all dry cat and dog food in the following brands with certain production date codes. Consumers can determine if their dry cat or dog food is affected by the recall by locating the production code on the exterior of the bag.
Only production codes with that have a number “2” or a “3” in the 9th or 10th digit AND an “X” in the 11th digit are recalled. The best-before dates for these recalled brands are December 9, 2012 through April 7, 2013.
• Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul
• Country Value
• Diamond Naturals
• Premium Edge
• Taste of the Wild
Also recalled are the following Kirkland Signature dog and cat foods with production codes that contain both a number “3” in the 10th digit and an “X” in the 11th digit. The best-before dates for these recalled brands listed are December 9, 2012 through January 31, 2013.
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Adult Dog Lamb, Rice & Vegetable Formula
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Adult Dog Chicken, Rice & Vegetable Formula
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Mature Dog Chicken, Rice & Egg Formula
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight Dog Formulated with Chicken & Vegetables
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Maintenance Cat Chicken & Rice Formula
• Kirkland Signature Super Premium Healthy Weight Cat Formula
• Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Salmon Meal & Sweet Potato Formula for Dogs
Canidae Corp. is also recalling four Canidae dog food varieties produced at Diamond’s Gaston, SC facility with production codes that have BOTH a number “3” in the 9th position AND an “X” in the 10th or 11th position with best before dates of December 9, 2012, through January 31, 2013:
• CANIDAE Dog Dry Dog Food, All Life Stages
• CANIDAE Dog Dry Dog Food, Chicken Meal & Rice
• CANIDAE Dog Dry Dog Food, Lamb Meal & Rice
• CANIDAE Dog Dry Dog Food, CANIDAE Platinum
If and when we hear more news of any other brands or Which Pet Food Are Bad For Poodles, Cats And People we will be sure to let our readers know about it. I find it pretty alarming that the list keeps growing more and more and it has affected so many people already and maybe more than we are aware of.