The latest story about a dog hero is one about how “Pooh” the Poodle saved Nancy Jones’ life from a gas leak in her home. It is rather amazing how it happened, because it is nearly impossible for the poodle to have been able to get the leash by herself, as it was hanging about six feet high from the floor, on the wall.
While folding laundry, Nancy Jones from east Talladega, Alabama, felt lightheaded and dizzy. She was unaware of a gas leak that could have been deadly. Nancy is legally blind and her dog “Pooh” is her seeing-eye dog and best friend.
“Pooh” the Poodle saved Nancy Jones’ life from a gas leak in her home
Pooh came to the rescue by bringing her leash and harness to Nancy and urging her to get herself and Pooh out of the house. It was later that she discovered that there had been a gas leak in her home that could have been disastrous.
“The next thing I know Pooh was nudging me to put on her leash, she went and got herself,” Jones told ABC2 News. “Brought it to me, made me put it on her and literally drug me out the front door.”
It wasn’t until after they were safely out of the house that Jones realized there was a gas leak in her home and that her dog Pooh had just saved her life.
Here is a video from the ABC news story about this incredible rescue of Nancy Jones by her Poodle hero, “Pooh.”
It is incredible how often we hear about dogs who rescue their owners from danger and trouble without a moments hesitation. Many lives have been saved because of poodles and other dogs. The fact that “Pooh” the Poodle saved Nancy Jones’ life from a gas leak in her home just goes to prove, once again, how amazing these dog heroes are again and again.